Quick Chicken Korma for Jamie Oliver

December 1, 2014

No sooner than I had gone part time at work, that I got the call. Would I like to audition as new talent on celebrity chef Jamie Oliver’s YouTube cookery Channel FoodTube? I dropped the phone, screamed inside, flew around the room just in time to master a composed, calm “yes”.

Now just let me break it down the way I should have.

Jamie Oliver first got me into cooking as a Naked Chef. I remember him cooking in a small kitchen and zipping around on his bike. Not only is he insanely talented, but also a food warrior bringing very important social issues to the front of our minds and the top of the political agenda.

Oh, and FoodTube has over a million subscribers. And features some amazing cooking talent.

It was an amazing experience, great fun and nerve wracking at the same time. So here I am, cooking my quick Chicken Korma for Jamie Oliver’s Food Tube. Please watch, and if you like it, give me a thumbs up and share it with your friends. If I go back, what can I cook for you? Let me know in a comment under the video.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Comments

13 Responses to “Quick Chicken Korma for Jamie Oliver”

1. Reshom Majumdar Says:

March 16th, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Really enjoyed watching this show.

What is the best mincer/ small grinder for making ginger garlic paste or grinding a small quantity is masala? The one I brought in from India no longer works and I am struggling to find one in London.

Reshom

2. Lucie Loudová Says:

March 16th, 2016 at 3:15 pm

It looks perfect, I am gonna to cook it soon. Especially I look forward to the cashew cream..!

January 29th, 2016 at 10:33 am

Hi Rubineto, delighted to hear! It’s a roti/chappati, and it’s available ready in shops and also from Indian takeaways. Unless you want to make your own of course. Good luck M x

4. Rubineto Says:

January 29th, 2016 at 9:30 am

Hi, I am going to try your recipe this week end. I am French and I did not catch the name of the pancake you recommand to eat this dish with. Could you please tell me its name so I can try to find a recipe? Thank you very much.

November 5th, 2015 at 10:12 am

Hey Aarti, that’s a hand blender with a chopper attachment. It’s a little miracloe machine and I would HIGHLY recommend you get one. SO many uses. Sending lots of Diwali love! x

6. Aarti Says:

October 23rd, 2015 at 10:13 am

Looks amazing I am going to try it soon maybe for Diwali! Can I ask what is that dinky gadget you are using to make cashew cream? I’ve long been looking for a good blender to make a fine paste of coriander and mint (for chutney), in smallish quantity and wonder if this would work for taht? Thanks so much mallika!

December 2nd, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Thanks so much guys!!

Ann – delighted you get this in Australia. Enjoy the sunshine. IT’s freezing here…

Lisa – don’t forget to leave me a comment please!

Ishita – you are being wonderful, thanks so much for your support on Twitter and here. It feels wonderful

Patricia – Inshallah! Thanks a ton lady x

Laurie – thanks a ton for your lovely kind comments. I actually look forward to them now. Let me know how it goes

8. Laurie MacBride Says:

December 2nd, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Wonderful! Fun watching you on this video – you look totally relaxed BTW – and the chicken korma looks fabulous. Nice trick on the cashew cream – I will definitely give this a try. Thanks!

9. Patricia Says:

December 2nd, 2014 at 4:15 am

Brilliant, Mallika! Can’t wait to try this recipe. May you be invited back to the Food Tube soon, and often…

10. IshitaUnblogged Says:

December 2nd, 2014 at 2:25 am

Oh you are such a natural… and Congratulations!!! Here’s more such creamy Kormas to your life for doing such a good Karma with your cooking.

Needless to say that I am extremely proud and showing off my friend:)

11. Lisa H Says:

December 2nd, 2014 at 1:34 am

Oh, I love these types of dishes! Thank goodness I already subscribe…I don’t want to miss a recipe!!!

12. ann Says:

December 2nd, 2014 at 1:29 am

Yes I can, yes I can, have subscribed.

13. ann Says:

December 2nd, 2014 at 1:25 am

Congratulations!! Not sure if I can pick it up in Australia though, will have to investigate.
    I haven’t cooked anything bad from your cookbook so just go for it and cook your butt off.