How To Store Spices

June 27, 2014

How to store spices? It’s not an art, nor a science. Everyone has a method to the madness of a cupboard bursting with Indian spices. Here is mine.

I binned the metal container years ago in favour of dishwasher-friendly jars that hold more substantial quantities.

But beware of sacks of ultra large spice bags. Unless you are inviting my extending family around for lunch regularly, they will quickly lose punch. Not too mention hog precious cabinet space.

How do you keep yours?

7 Responses to “Quick Chicken Korma for Jamie Oliver”

1. ann Says:

December 2nd, 2014 at 1:25 am

Congratulations!! Not sure if I can pick it up in Australia though, will have to investigate.
    I haven’t cooked anything bad from your cookbook so just go for it and cook your butt off.

2. ann Says:

December 2nd, 2014 at 1:29 am

Yes I can, yes I can, have subscribed.

3. Lisa H Says:

December 2nd, 2014 at 1:34 am

Oh, I love these types of dishes! Thank goodness I already subscribe…I don’t want to miss a recipe!!!

4. IshitaUnblogged Says:

December 2nd, 2014 at 2:25 am

Oh you are such a natural… and Congratulations!!! Here’s more such creamy Kormas to your life for doing such a good Karma with your cooking.

Needless to say that I am extremely proud and showing off my friend:)

5. Patricia Says:

December 2nd, 2014 at 4:15 am

Brilliant, Mallika! Can’t wait to try this recipe. May you be invited back to the Food Tube soon, and often…

6. Laurie MacBride Says:

December 2nd, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Wonderful! Fun watching you on this video – you look totally relaxed BTW – and the chicken korma looks fabulous. Nice trick on the cashew cream – I will definitely give this a try. Thanks!

December 2nd, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Thanks so much guys!!

Ann – delighted you get this in Australia. Enjoy the sunshine. IT’s freezing here…

Lisa – don’t forget to leave me a comment please!

Ishita – you are being wonderful, thanks so much for your support on Twitter and here. It feels wonderful

Patricia – Inshallah! Thanks a ton lady x

Laurie – thanks a ton for your lovely kind comments. I actually look forward to them now. Let me know how it goes