Comfort Eating

September 23, 2008

25 Responses to “Comfort Eating”

1. Reba Steinbruckner Says:

September 5th, 2011 at 2:32 pm

48. wonderful post, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector don’t notice this. You should continue your writing. I’m sure, you’ve a great readers’ base already!

2. Vivek Says:

April 12th, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Great! But please tell me why Olive OIL should NOT be used in Bengali cooking????????

3. Eru Says:

October 31st, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Anda raita is just awesome (I tried it today) n so is your video! Thanks a ton for this quickie :)

4. Kowlini Says:

March 29th, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Mallika, loved the video, but a quick question on olive oil. Why is using olive oil wrong for Indian cooking ??

5. dida Says:

May 8th, 2009 at 8:20 am

Where were u…
    i ve been looking for u all my life…
    no actually since list 1.5 year…since i started cooking..:))

thank you thank you thank you….

6. Zoey Says:

February 23rd, 2009 at 4:33 pm

Hi Mallika, Love the food!
    Can you explain why Indian food can’t be made with Olive oil? i’ve been cooking with it for a few years now….I always thought of it as a healthier option…I hope there is a terrible reason to not cook with EVOO!

Thanks in advance for your response!

7. MallikaT Says:

January 28th, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Love the video! You make it seem so easy! I was so excited to see another Mallika (other than the actress!) cause I’ve actually never met one. Then I actually read through your site and love it. I plan to attempt some of these recipes… but it’s so easy to go to my Grandma’s house up the street instead lol! Great job!

January 9th, 2009 at 2:43 am

Thanks so much ladies. Blush, blush!

April – I couldn’t be more different to Nigella in person and consciously try and communicate that in my videos. If you have a moment, I’d love to know which bits you think are similar. I’ll make sure I don’t repeat them in future videos. Thanks a ton for your feedback.

9. April Sanders Says:

January 9th, 2009 at 2:17 am

Mallika, you look beautiful and full of grace.

Nice video, well made, although one can’t help but notice how strikingly similar it is to Nigella Lawson’s cookery shows.

It’s beautiful anyway.

10. Eeshani Says:

November 16th, 2008 at 2:21 pm

Video-ta dekhe mone holo tomay khanik-ta Bipasha Basu’er moto dekhte. Very well-made video. Tomar boi nischui khub successful habe!

11. TBC Says:

October 25th, 2008 at 6:02 pm

Wow! All I can say is that you’re gonna be one hot mama! ;D

12. Dinah Soar Says:

October 4th, 2008 at 10:31 am

I made the egg raita…*oh*my*gosh*…it was delicious…and the veg pilau..out of this world good…both of these are keepers! I love the simplicity of ingredients and the ease of preparation…plus how often can you feel you are eating decadently and be eating so much good for you stuff?!!

13. RedChillies Says:

September 27th, 2008 at 1:32 pm

Very nicely taken. There was a bit of disturbance while watching the video, it wasn’t streaming correctly. But hey, did I mention you look like a movie star? You could give any of them a run for their money.:-)

14. Deeba Says:

September 24th, 2008 at 10:05 pm

WOW…you’ve added glamour to the humble taheri! With a cook as beautiful as that, & music so happening, Boobie’s gonna be a happy girl! I’m eggophobic…but am sure egg-lovers would lap up the raita too!! Well done Mallika!!

15. Bharti Says:

September 24th, 2008 at 7:12 pm

what a cool video! Who shot it?
    U look very pretty Mallika! Love the kitchen.

16. Quick Indian Cooking » Finding comfort at home Says:

September 24th, 2008 at 1:52 pm

[…] was just as well that this video’s theme was Comfort Eating. I cooked Taheri, a moreish vegetable pulao from North India, with […]

September 24th, 2008 at 1:45 pm

Thanks so much ladies! Please do trust me on the Anda Raita. It is in my top five all time fav recipes… ever!

18. JennDZ_The LeftoverQueen Says:

September 24th, 2008 at 8:15 am

Mallika! You are so awesome! This was a great video! More please!!!!

19. indosungod Says:

September 24th, 2008 at 5:07 am

Mallika, I would second Cindy’s comment up there. When you said Egg Raita, I went “what in the world” but it does look delicious and a perfect pairing with the pulao.

20. sra Says:

September 24th, 2008 at 2:23 am

I like eating scrambled eggs (the masala, Indian version) with yoghurt, and that never failed to surprise people. But even I’m wondering how sliced, boiled egg will do in raita! I’m curious to taste the tadka-on-eggs, though!

21. Sia Says:

September 24th, 2008 at 1:05 am

difficult to tell what’s more beatiful, pulao or u my dear ;)

22. notyet100 Says:

September 23rd, 2008 at 10:33 pm

enjoyd the video,..anda raita looks yum,.wll sure try this,..

23. Cindy Says:

September 23rd, 2008 at 8:57 pm

If you’d just mentioned a boiled egg raita in written blog post I would have sailed right past it (yuck!), but damn, Mallika, it actually looks really good!

24. Divya Vikram Says:

September 23rd, 2008 at 7:16 pm

Nice video.

25. Christie@fig&cherry Says:

September 23rd, 2008 at 7:08 pm

Fantastic video Mallika! I watched it twice it was so good! You are as fresh and beautiful as your recipes my friend ;)